Thursday, February 19, 2009

Daredevil!

My baby boy is starting to scare me with the things he is doing. He isn't walking yet but he sure can climb and he seems to have no fear with it. Last week Brian and I were trying to move some furniture in the basement and before I knew it Cooper had climbed to the top of the stairs. So I figured it was time to teach him how to come down. He does a pretty good job but every once and a while he turns to sit down on the step and tumbles down a few stairs. No harm done. But then earlier this week I was alarmed when Ethan came running out yelling that Cooper was up on his bed. This is what I found.
Cooper was standing up on the bed leaning over the edge. Oh by the way this is a loft bed that is about 5 feet in the air. I asked Ethan if he put him up there and he said no. Then I wondered,"well how did he get up there then?" So what do I do? I took him down on the floor and watched how he got up there and this was how.


He walks up the slide backwards, just like his brothers always do. He is so quick at it that I could barely get some pictures of him. It was too funny because once he got to the top he was scramble across the bed as fast as he could laughing. He just thought that he was so funny. So needless to say I really have to watch him in the boys' room now. I have found that he can't do it if he has pants and socks on so I try to keep him fully dressed at all times.


He just loves to climb though. He is also a peeping Tom. He did this earlier this week when Brian and I were trying to set up a new bed in our room. He really wanted to see what was going on over at the neighbors house.


He was peeking out the window. Sorry about the blurry hand he was so excited. It was too funny though because he just used Brian as a step and was determined to get up and see. He has gotten so big and is doing so many things. It won't be long and he will be walking.

He turned one yesterday but we haven't had a party yet so as soon as we do I will post some pictures. I have a funny to tell about a conversation that Ethan had yesterday with his dad about Cooper turning one.

Dad: Ethan did you know that today is Cooper's birthday and he is one?

Ethan: No is isn't we didn't have a party.

Dad: We haven't had a party but he is still one today.

Ethan: He can't be one yet dad because he isn't walking yet.

So according to Ethan all 1 year olds have to be walking. So today when Cooper took 2-3 steps to me, Ethan concluded that he can now be 1 because he is "walking." It was way cute. He got all excited and started running around the house yelling "Cooper is 1 now, he can walk." To funny. So I guess he can be one now.

3 comments:

Alan and Lynette said...

That's HIL-A-RI-OUS! What a funny little boy:) I love that Cooper climbed up the slide like he'd been doing it his whole life:) Who knows...maybe he has:)

Candace said...

LOL. Glad you found him before he decided to try and get down on his own. Its amazing how much more mischevious kids are when they have older siblings. He's a darling little boy!

Shaila Lou said...

Sounds like our 1 year olds could be two peas in a pod. Is it the third boy thing or what? Winston is climbing onto everything it's scary. Up the latter on the bunk bed (thankfully we can take it off!) then the other day I couldn't hear him making noise in his room, and he had climbed onto his changing table from the rocking chair! What! I guess if these boys were friends, they would be nothing but trouble!