This has been the week of haircuts. One unexpected and one that was long needed. The first one was the unexpected one. Last Sunday I woke up to Cody saying he had something in his hair. I ignored it for a while because I was still tired. So I let it go. When I finally came to I realized that he had gum in his hair. Nice huh! I was gone the night before at a basketball game and Brian said that Cody fell asleep in the car so he just put him in bed. Well he obviously had gum in his mouth when he fell asleep and when he woke up it wasn't in his mouth anymore. But it seemed to be everywhere else. It was in 4 different spots in his hair, a string of it was stuck across his forehead, he had it stuck to the top of both eyelids and it was stuck to his pillow and bed. HOW MANY PIECES DID HE HAVE IN HIS MOUTH? I don't know but it seemed like it was everywhere. Needless to say this is when I am happy that I have boys because I can trim the gum out and you don't even notice the spots of hair gone. We tried the peanut butter trick but I didn't have the patience for it and Cody was tired of me pulling his hair. So it resulted in a cut.
Onto the next haircut. This one has been in the makings for quite a while. I just didn't have enough mommy power to do it. I don't know what got into me today but I proceeded to do it by myself without anyone to entertain him and it ended up being alright. (candy works miracles-even on babies) So Cooper got his first haircut today and he looks so big already. I hate doing the first haircut because it seems like it instantly makes them look older. So I did a little trim and got it out of his eyes and off of his ears. It looks shorter then it really is because his hair is curly. He did really well even though it was naptime. I miss my baby already. He has become a little man.
Here is the before. What a happy little guy huh? He is even saying "cheese."
Here is the after with a little candy residue. Oh and a not so happy little guy!



1 comments:
HYSTERICAL!!! He did a REALLY thorough job with spreading the love:) Did you buzz him? And Cooper still looks little! I love his little curls! Where is he getting that curly hair?
Post a Comment