Sunday, June 15, 2008

ebay!


So I remembered a funny (or not so funny at the time) incident that happened a couple of weeks ago that I thought others would find kind of funny. So we were sitting around one night and of course Brian was spending his extra time on the computer looking at fire trucks on ebay. I had asked him to go downstairs and switch the laundry around for me while I got the kids ready for bed. So he proceeded to set the laptop on the table (still open) and head downstairs. While he was downstairs Ethan started messing around on the computer. Let me remind you that Brian was looking at ebay.

So as Brian came up the stairs Ethan said that something had happened to the computer. Brian picked it up and came back over and sat down. The screen on the computer was the "item won" screen on ebay. Brian proceeded to look at it and realized that Ethan had purchased us an $80,000 motor home. Yep you read that right. He had clicked "buy it now" on a motorhome and then confirmed the bid. We couldn't believe that our 4 year old had made a bigger purchase then we had ever made.

So luckily we were able to get out of the purchase agreement by contacting the seller and telling him what had happened. I am sure that he didn't think it was very funny-or maybe he did- but he was nice enough to let us out of the agreement. Needless to say we do not leave the computer open to anything that can cost us money.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

That is too funny! To answer your question - I just use Photoshop Elements 6.0, that is all you need. And so far, I have bought no digital supplies, because you can find hundreds of digi elements, papers, etc... for free online. The best part is that you can use and reuse and change colors and reuse again... Happy to help with any questions you have.

Candace said...

LOL! How hilarious. That just made my day.

Alan and Lynette said...

WOW!! Talk about a go-getter:) Apparently he thought his allowance was bigger than life, eh?