Thursday, October 23, 2008

Canning Canning All done (except for juice that is)

Well the past 5 months I have been consumed by canning. It seems like every month there was something more to do. I started in June and finally finished this week (well I still have to do apple juice but I don't do it here). I am so glad to be done. It takes a lot of time and makes a disasterous mess. I do enjoy doing it for the most part though. Over the summer I have had the chance to can strawberry jam, peaches, pears, carrots, beans, salsa, applesauce, apple pie filling, grape juice, tomatoes, corn and cherry pie filling. (I think that is all) It has kept me super busy but I have enjoyed some fun times with my kids, my sister, my husband, and my mom. It is a lot more fun when you are canning in the company of someone else.

I am so glad to have my food storage built up for this year. And let me tell you we enjoy the food especially during the cold winter months. Nothing better than a cherry cobbler or a warm apple crisp in the winter time. YUM!!! Just wanted to share a few pics of the fun!!







Salsa Salsa and more Salsa

Grape Juice

Ethan helping out with the apples


Apple Pie filling



Just a shot from the pantry

So far I have over 200 quarts and 100 plus pints. YIKES! And about 25 gallons of juice still to go. Sounds exciting huh! So much work but will be enjoyed later.



0 comments: