Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Week 9 and a little behind!

I am way to far behind on this darn daily picture weekly blog thing I got going on.  I am still taking pictures but am having a hard time finding time to get my blog posts done.  So bear with me as I try to catch up sometime before the weekend. 

February 26, 2011

Hello this is Mr. Independent-aka Cooper.  He is becoming that 3 year old that wants to do everything for himself.  At times I really like this at other times I am sad because I want him to ask me for help.  Also the hard part is that he won't let you help him until he gets completely frustrated and usually it turns into a meltdown.  This happens with shoes, coats, clothes, seat belts, etc.  You name it he wants to do it and some of the stuff he can do completely by himself but most of it he still needs just a little bit of help.  But one thing to know it that you are not allowed to help him unless he asks.  If you try to help him before he asks you are in big trouble and he gets SUPER mad at you because you think he is a baby.  He will make sure to let you know that he isn't a baby anymore.  He will let you know that he is 3 now and can do it himself.  The funny thing about this is that there are still somethings he is adamant that be done for him.  He hates walking into different places.  He demands that you carry him and when you tell him he is a big boy that he is 3 now he will try to tell you that he is only 1.  What a stinker huh?  He already knows how to play the games.  In the above picture he demanded that he put his own coat on and didn't want any help.  Well this is what he came out with.  Of course I helped him zip it because it was just too darn funny.  The funny thing about this is that he thought everything was good and this is how it is suppose to be worn. Well that was until this...



and this...
He didn't understand why it was coming up over his face.  It finally started to make him super mad and we had to switch it around.  It was fun for the time being though.

February 27, 2011

This is one of my favorite pictures.  My kids are blessed to have one of the best Aunties ever.  She lived here in town when Ethan was little and was always around him and she was his favorite person besides mom and dad.  I was sad when she moved away because I wanted all my kids to have that special Auntie that they love being around and that they were around all the time.  Well she moved but it didn't change a thing.  She makes it a point to make sure that she stays involved with the kids and get to as many as their activities as she can.  The boys also love traveling to her house so we do it as much as possible.  She loves having the kids down at her house and makes sure to always make it a fun time for them.  I think there are many times that they would rather live with Auntie then at home.  She keeps teasing us that she doesn't need any of her own kids right now because she has four of mine. 


She even loves being goofy with them.  I love having you as a sister in law Crystal and you make one of the best Aunties ever.

Maycee agrees!


February 28, 2011

This is my new crazy addiction.  Well I wouldn't say this is my only addiction but it is one of them.  Part way through January I made a goal to become healthier and start working out more.  I am the type of person that loves to workout once I start doing it and after I have done it but finding the time to do it has become a problem.  I finally have decided that working out is now a priority in my day.  I made a goal of working out at least 5 times a week and have been able to stick to it.  I am usually a pretty motivated person so once I set my mind to do something I will usually stick to it.  My workouts consist of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD, running, or P90X.  I love having multiple options especially since some take more time than others.  Now that I have been working out for over a month now I feel so much better and have a ton more energy to get through my day.

March 1, 2011

This is the picture that you all get treated to today.  haha  This is what happens when I realize at 11:00 after all the kids went to bed that I haven't taken a picture yet today.  So I thought I would show you our beautifully goofy faces.  It actually was kind of hard to convince Brian to take a silly picture with me.  He thought I was being too stupid and didn't want to do it but I suckered him into it.  We are crazy sometimes but isn't that what life is all about?

March 2, 2011

I hope the willingness to help out around the house never leaves this child.  I do have a feeling it will in about a year or so though.  Cooper loves to help out doing dishes.  Whenever he hears me open the dishwasher and start emptying it out he comes running and wants to help.  I absolutely love it.  The best part about it is that he sticks around until I am completely done unloading and loading it back up because he loves to put the soap in and start it back up.  He is in charge of emptying out the silverware and unloading all the cups on the top rack.  Then he loads back up the dirty silverware and like to load up the plates.  I appreciate all the help that he is when it comes to dishes.

March 3, 2011

Maycee has been teething and kind of fussy so I decided to try something new tonight.  They boys were all having popsicles and I sat down with one in front of her.  She then decided that she needed one too.  I knew that it would probably feel good on her gums so I let her try it.  She loved it.  She kept getting mad when I would pull it out of her mouth.  I didn't want her to get a brain freeze but she didn't want to take it out of her mouth.  It must have felt pretty good after all.

March 4, 2011

Tonight we were sitting around watching tv and just hanging out.  Brian, Ethan, and Cody were all spread out on the sofa and Maycee and I were in the recliner.  Cooper was pretty upset because he didn't have anywhere to sit.  It didn't take him long to find a seat and he was pretty proud of it.  He found this empty storage bin  and thought it was a perfect fit for him.  He was really enjoying having something just his size.  Sorry about the bad picture it was taken from my phone.

Another week down.  I hope it isn't too long before I can get another one posted.





0 comments: