Monday, February 7, 2011

Week 5

I thought I would sit down and do a blog post while the Superbowl was on.  I figured this was being a little productive with my time. 

January 29, 2011

Today this was my game attire.  It is coaches vs. cancer week for basketball and we got to wear these shirts.  It says "There is a greater opponent."   I think it is great that we take a week and do this because I don't think there are too many people out there that can say they aren't or haven't been affected by cancer.  At the games they took donations and ended up raising a little over $500 for our local relay for life. 

January 30, 2011
I have been trying to get this on camera for a long time.  Cooper sucks on his bottom lip whenever he is tired or just a little crabby.  He has done this ever since he got rid of the Binky.  I honestly think that if I would have let him have a Binky he still would.  There are times that I catch him trying to take Maycee's still.  The lip sucking must be a comfort thing for him and I think that it is pretty cute.  

January 31, 2011
I think that Maycee is trying to get some teeth.  Every toy she has goes straight to her mouth.  This is her crazy weird alien bug thingy toy and she loves the antennas.  She has another one that is similar and loves to suck on it's antennas too.  As you can see in the picture she has also learned how to sit up.  She is becoming such a big girl and loves seeing the world from a different view.  In fact she gets mad now if she is laying down.  All she wants to do it sit up and see everything.  I think part of it is that she can see more from this view.  She is growing up way to fast.


Once again I took two pictures for today.  I couldn't pass this one up at practice.  My kids are forced to go to the gym quite a bit with me and I don't think Cooper was too thrilled with it today.  They usually love it and enjoy shooting and running around the gym but today was a little different.  He was pretty bored and I caught him just like this laying on the ball watching the girls shoot.  He didn't care that balls were bouncing around him or about it hit him he was just going to stay right there and be BORED!!!
February 1, 2011
This is one of the things that we do for fun around our house.  Our coffee table is a multi-use table.  It can also be known as a step stool to the TV, a sitting bench, and as the picture shows an air hockey table.  Cody got an air hockey set for Christmas that works on any flat surface.  My boys have found that they like playing at the "coffee table" the best.  Here Cooper and Cody were having a nice friendly-since we are competitive at all in this house- game of air hockey. 


February 2, 2011

YUM YUM!  Like I said before I think Maycee is getting some teeth.  Between getting teeth and her flat out just liking food she was pretty excited when I brought out this popsicle.  She is getting to the point that she knows what real food is and fusses when everyone around her is eating and she can't.  Tonight the boys and I were having popsicles and she was mad that she wasn't getting one.  She fussed and cried and threw a fit so I gave in and let her have mine.She was so EXCITED and couldn't seem to get it to her mouth fast enough.  She absolutely loved it. She wasn't too happy when I thought that she had probably had enough and tried to take it away.  It was a fight to get it away from her.  I am sure that we will probably be doing this again. 

February 3, 2011

Today I decided that I had had enough and all of my boys were getting haircuts.  Actually it started last night when Brian asked me at 10:45pm if I wouldn't mind giving him a haircut.  I gave in and did it.  So since I had everything out I decided I would leave it out and torture the boys on Thursday.  Cody is about the only one that doesn't mind having a haircut.  Ethan has hated them ever since he was little.  He use to cry the whole time and then he would sweat so the hair would stick all over him and make him even more mad.  Cooper just doesn't like the sound of the clippers but does okay.  I usually have to bribe him with something though.  It is quite an adventure to do all of them together but I did it and they look so much better, even though you can't really tell in the picture. 

February 4, 2011
Well today Ethan, Maycee and I spent most of our day at the doctor's office.  Ethan has been sick all week with a fever and so I finally decided to take him in today.  The doctor was worried about the cough that he had plus him having the fever all week and wanted to take chest x-rays to make sure it wasn't pneumonia.  Everything ended up pretty good.  He just had some bronchial congestion and was put on antibiotics and given breathing treatments.  The scariest part was when the doctor was looking at the x-rays and couldn't figure out what some extras lines were.  Well it just ended up being his shirt since they left him in his clothes.  At first I was worried but it ended up being pretty funny. 

On a side note-I have finished one whole month of taking a picture everyday.  I am really enjoying it and loving that I can have a "journal" entry and photo about everyday.  WOOHOO only 11 more months to go.  Here is to continuing on next week..........

0 comments: