Saturday, January 29, 2011

Week 4!

I have decided that since it is 7:00 am and I have already baked the cinnamon rolls for a team breakfast, watched Charlie St. Cloud, and have nothing else to do that maybe I will get this blog post done for the week.  This week we a crazy week around this house.  We ended last week with Ethan being sick so you can guess what this week brought-the rest of us being sick.  UGH!  But even though we were sick I managed to photograph a moment from each day.  I will warn you now that these definitely are not the best taken or set up pictures.  Most of them were taken from my phone because it is easier.

January 22, 2011

After a day of being sick in the house on Friday the boys were ready to get outside.  The weather has been beautiful here and the boys have been dying to use their new basketball hoop that they got from Santa.  Brian and the boys assembled it a couple of weeks ago but the weather finally has gotten nice so they could use it.  This picture is taken from my "court side" (camping chairs) seats that Ethan and Cody set up.  I also love that they made sure to set up the little hoop since Cooper can't quite make it to the big one.  Then if you look closely in the picture you can see yellow taped lines on the deck.  Ethan marked out the free throw line (little tape line) and the 3 point line (long tape line).  There is also a free throw line for Cooper's basket.  The whole set-up was way too cute.  I think I might just have some little basketball players on my hands.

January 23, 2011
This bucket has become part of the family this weekend.  Yep this is the barf bucket.  Sorry I had to do it.  This bucket has saved my couch, carpet, car, etc.  You name anywhere that throw up can happen and this bucket has saved it.  Hopefully there isn't anyone that is too grossed out by this.  :)  Every family has one, I just chose to take a picture and document ours.  Haha

January 24, 2011

Okay I warned you at the beginning that we were sick all week.  So there are pictures of the things that got us through the week.  Ethan was sick last Friday and Cooper and Cody got it on Sunday.  So as a mom I was just waiting for my turn.  I do have to admit that I don't get sick very often especially with the flu.  Usually it goes through everyone else and I just get to clean up and take care of everyone.  But not this time.  It his me full on.  Monday I had a game in Quincy and I was feeling fine.  That is up until game time.  My stomach started hurting right as the game was to start and I knew that this wasn't good.  Well I made it through my game but that was it.  I had to have Brian come and pick me up and I spent the rest of the night being sick.  Luckily this flu we got only lasts about 6-8 hours and then we were over it.  So it wasn't extremely bad but it was still being sick and I hate being sick.  I don't think my kids mind it because they get to drink soda, but I also am not a soda drinker so it is an overall bad experience. 

January 25, 2011
Before you get to see this next picture you have to promise not to judge me as a mother/parent. 




Okay so this continues on the sick story.  I know what you are thinking- yes that is sick.  If you can't tell this is BUTTER with a piece of toast under it.  Like I said don't judge me.  I was sick through the night and about 3 hours after I got sick Brian came down with it too.  So we were both of out commission.  I was not able to move off the couch.  I remember waking up with Ethan as he got ready for school but other than that I just said yeah to whatever the kids wanted.  And this is what they did.  Cody and Cooper decided to make their own breakfast.  This was Cooper's toast.  He is pretty independent and he was so proud of himself for doing it by himself.  Don't worry I didn't let him eat it but I did have to take a picture of his creation. 

January 26, 2011
We obviously have had some lazy days around the house this week.  This was too cute for me to pass up.  I love these moments for a few reasons.  One because he is asleep (what mother in their right mind doesn't enjoy the quiet time when their kids sleep), two because I can stare and enjoy looking at him without him telling me to go away or thinking I am crazy, and three because it is at these moments I still see the little itty bitty child in him.  All the kids are growing up way to fast.  I love that he is so scrunched up and cuddling with his blanket just like a little baby does.  This is what I mean by seeing the little child in him.  I love my children and just wish I could freeze time and not let me kids grow up.

January 27, 2011
This goes along with the whole kids growing up too fast.  Like I said before Cooper is becoming very independent.  I love and hate it at the same time.  I love that he is willing to try to do it himself but at the same time I hate that he doesn't "need" me as much anymore. Today was one of those moments.  He wanted a orange and had asked me to peel it for him.  I was feeding Maycee cereal at the time and told him it would be just a minute.  He was patient for about 10 seconds and then asked again.  I explained to him that it would be a few minutes before I was done so he would have to wait.  Well he finally gave up on me and started doing it himself.  He had to use all his strength but he did it without help.  He was so proud of himself as was I.

January 28, 2011
This is Cooper the Teacher.  Ethan has been bringing home flashcards this week and so we have been working on them.  Today Cooper wanted to turn the flashcards for Ethan.  It was pretty cute.  Cooper wants to be just like his big brothers and he can't wait until he can go to school.


Another picture for today.  I couldn't pass this up.  Maycee is loving her little bouncer toy.  I am thankful that she likes it because it allows me to get some stuff done while she plays.  This little girl makes me SMILE.  How could you not smile looking at her everyday?


This is the last one for today I promise.  There were just too many good ones for today to only put one.  As I was taking the above picture of Maycee, Cooper thought he needed to have a picture too.  So I told him to smile and this is what I got.  He is definitely a boy that thinks he is pretty funny.  Well he is pretty funny because this made me laugh.

Another week complete.  I hope I didn't gross anyone out this week or have anyone change their views of me as a mother.  We all have our downfalls right???  :)
 

0 comments: